RE: [RC] build our sport - Rae Callaway

Or over $3500 for the privilege of having access to the trail.

Rae

Tall C Arabians - Central

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Merryben@xxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2005 1:36 AM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] build our sport

In a message dated 9/16/2005 10:23:46 P.M. Central Standard Time, SandyDSA@xxxxxxx writes:

In truth, the 25 milers need less in terms of hay, carrots, volunteers, and even the time with the vets.

Depends on the ride.  If the LD is on a different trail then you have to hire extra vets and have more volunteers.  The other costs are the same.  You need more food, more porta potties, more materials, etc.  It actually costs just about the same per rider no matter what the distance......There is supposed to be an article coming out in the EN by a long time RM that may open some eyes as to the tremendous costs of some of the rides.  There are rides that pay upwards of $2500.00 for the camp and the forest does not care if they are doing 10, 25 or 50 miles.  Also one of our western rides must pay for an overtime ranger because they go through a couple of miles of a local park.....I am sure there are other rides that have similar expenses.....mb