[RC] Trailer "ball" rating - Dodie Sable

Title: Message

Depending on the trailer manufacturer, and what size coupler they put on the trailer, and what the trailers potential "weight" would be loaded (the class of trailer), would be what determines the size of the ball .

Well I'm not sure about all that, my trailer is a 6 horse stock trailer, rated 16,000 GVW - the trailer itself weighs 3200# so I can put in it 12,800 worth of horses...meaning each horse could weigh in at 2000 ... Hmmm ...And I do tow a lot of hay in the trailer, on the scales we've just about met that 12,800 additional poundage several times.

This is my third stock trailer, they've all been 2" balls. I am in the process of buying a new stock trailer, same length but 6" taller inside, and it also has a 2" ball. The GVW on the new trailer is 18,000 - 2000 more than this one and the same size ball.

Dodie