[RC] hay question - Kathie Ford

Hi guys, have a question for you, especially those that live in the Oregon area.

I have a question regarding a type of hay in your area a farmer in Calif is interested in planting, or already has.

Has anyone heard of a grass hay called or referred to as "TEFF" hay?  one of my suppliers has a farmer wanting to sell him a block but he's never heard of it and was leary of it. Said the farmer purchased some seed in Oregon and planted 50 acres of it this year and wants to plant 150 acres of it next season, and wanted my supplier to purchase some.  But he wasn't sure if anyone would want to buy it possibly not knowing what it is exactly.  That being said, this supplier is willing to pick some up and try it if he can get some feed back on what type of hay it is and if there is a market for it.  I told him I would write you guys!!

So, any ideas?  I've heard that Oregon has nice grass so maybe good stuff?

Would appreciate any information so I can relay this to my hay guy.  He is local I Grass Valley, Ca.  and very thoughtful of what he buys.

Thanks very much in advance,

kathie