[RC] Conditioning, when to stop? - Chrystal

So.............after the interval training & the long rides when is enough, enough?  When do I stop "conditioning" my mare and let her rest? What do people who ride 50 miles fairly regularly do? I KNOW my mare needs a break as she is not as excited about going out as she used to ( though has awesome hr's :-)) but I am wondering how long? And for the future, how often should she  have a big break? At this point we are riding 80 km's ( 50 miles) a week( over 3 or 4 days) - with 3 or 4 days off, then we start again.  We have done lots of CTR'S and our first 50 in July, we are now looking at doing two more 50's before the season is over, my gut instinct is to ride her lots this wknd ( being a long wknd and everything:-))  and then pretty much give her the next two weeks off before our next 50. Am I  making sense??:-)
Thanks for any and all help!
Chrystal  :-) :-)

( Who lives in Canada and thinks a couple of months of cold weather is better than hurricanes, tornado's, earthquakes, poisonous snakes, spiders etc...you guys really do "pay" for your good weather,!!!!!   )