Re: [RC] response to Diane re BoD - Diane Trefethen

Hi Angie,

First, if you do run for the BoD, I'll vote for you :)

rides2far@xxxxxxxx wrote:
Family memberships only include one issue of Endurance News.
I know. That's why I suggested $25, the diff between an individual membership and the published rate for EN.

Many additional "family" members don't compete or seldom compete.
If your family members don't ride endurance, why sign them up? If you belonged to a country club for business reasons, you wouldn't pay and extra $250 or so per year per child for them to have golfing privileges if they didn't play golf. As to having numbers for lobbying purposes, that's politics. I am more concerned with the state of my pocket book.

If you're on one of the "lists" of the AERC management, you get private
posts about ideas they're tossing > around. You are expected to keep
those confidential.
I can understand why one might not want their private thoughts made public. On the other hand, if those thoughts are about a public issue then one could make the case that the thoughts of our elected officials shouldn't BE "private".

Someone suggested posting an agenda for each meeting. I think that makes emminently good sense. Post an agenda in EN, 2 months before the meeting, to let members provide input should they desire. If ANYTHING outside the agenda is brought up and discussed at the meeting, the board should not be allowed to vote on that issue until after it has been presented to the membership in the Endurance News. An exception could be if the board UNANIMOUSLY votes to classify an issue as an emergency.

This doesn't seem like rocket science, just good horse sense.