[RC] response to Diane re BoD - Laura Hayes

Diane wrote>>>>An individual membership costs $65 while a "family" member costs only $10 with the only requirement to be a family member that (s)he have the same mailing address as the primary. If you belong to a country club or college or university club, a reduced rate for family members makes sense because the organization's additional expense for those memebers in negligible. But with AERC, all the record keeping costs just as much for each family member as it does for the primary.<<<<<<

The membership levels we thought about increasing were the day members and the second and subseqent family members, not the regular members.

Diane wrote>>>Angie, is this true? BoD members are not allowed to ask their constituents their opinions on pending issues? That is total Bullsh** ! How can you possibly represent your region if you can't elicit the riderships' opinion?<<<

Where the heck did THAT come from???? If we were not 'allowed', would I be here talking to you- my constituents????  Please do not get goofy on us here----as directors, we strive to understand and represent the members on every issue. The minutes to every meeting are on line and in EN, and available to all.

Again, Regional Director nominations are due....put your hat in the ring.

Laura Hayes - Director at Large, Chair of the Welfare Committee, Lay Member - Vet Committee
AERC# 2741