From: Tom Sites
Sent: Friday, September 02, 2005 5:27 PM
Subject: [RC] Where is Normal?

Remember a few years back when i asked this question and was thought 'Nuts' and called that 'Hippy Dippy Weather Guy'?  I have remained silent on Katrina and We Lost New Orleans.

But let me quote Germanys Environmental Minister, Juergen Trittin, from the Frankfurter Rundschau newspaper which was written as Katrina developed...." senior government leaders in Germany warned the USA to expect more natural catastrophes if it did not get serious about global warming....and blames Bush's environmental policies for increasing the risk of killer storms and floods arround the world....The American President closes his eyes to the economic and human damages that are inflicted on his country and the world economy , like Katrina through neglected climate protection...it will take a couple more hurricanes of the magnitude of Katrina before America changes its appalling environmental policies..."  Juergen, i could not have said it better myself.

Why?  Money and Ignorance to the facts.

Would a beaver build a dam between a Great Lake, the Mississippi River and the Gulf of Mexico surrounded by inferior levees in a sunken fishbowl?  Maybe.  Would a beaver build a dam after it had been flooded w/ toxic waste.  No, it would move.

The Gulf is 2 degrees warmer this year and thus spawned Katrina in the Carribian when usually they are created in Africa....I could go on and on, but its like Americans are a bunch of blind sheep following leaders who have personal gains and ignore what is best for those that elected them.

I flew in a Huey Helicopter over Camille in 69 photographing the destruction for the Army Corps of Engineers, and it was bad, but this is horrible.  It is so sad.

tom sites