Re: [RC] Towing inSouth Africa - Chris Paus

Thanks for giving us a glimpse of endurance riding  in another part of the world!

chris

"Budler,Cindy - Afrox" <Cindy.Budler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The vast majority of riders here tow a 2 berth bumper pull weighing in at
about 900kg(without horses) with a bakkie - usually 4X4 or at least 4X2
diesel mainly , usually anything from 2,5 litre to V6 - not many V8's around
here - the price of fuel being what it is. Over the last 5 years we have
seen a lot more of the bigger bakkies coming out - the Ford, Toyotas ,
Isuzus and Landdrovers - all long wheel base double cabs now. Before that
90% of the boxes/trailers were towed by 2,5l to 3litre V6 long wheel base
single cabs on the main part. And, yes, our roads equal yours- as far as
dirt , mountains and distances - but I think we have worse tar/macadam roads
than any other country except our neighbours in Africa- you could lose a rig
down our potholes on some of our highways!! Distances are long but not as
long as you guys - we have so many rides here in the central part of SA we
can get to a ride every 2nd week and never have to travel more than 200kms.
Most of our riders and grooms camp- tents and caravans and some sleep in the
horsebox - panels that swing up to make bunk beds! None of the lovely living
quarter big trailers out here- well except for Claire Amm who imported hers
from you guys after doing the Tevis there! A few - one I know of- who has a
Winnebago , but most of us rough it! Also , for the most part our weather is
not a problem with camping in tents - no snow etc!

Regards,
Cindy Budler
Afrox I P Marketing
Germiston
Gauteng
Ph : 011 876 1179
Cell : 082 464 1809
Fax : 011 873 5902
E Mail : cindy.budler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This e-mail message and all attachments contain the CONFIDENTIAL AND
PROPRIETARY information of The Afrox Group and may contain LEGALLY
PRIVILEGED information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, distribution, or use of this e-mail,
its attachments or any information contained therein is unauthorised and
prohibited. If you have received this in error, please contact the sender
immediately and delete this e-mail and any attachments.Internet Web
Address:http://www.afrox.com