Re: [RC] CTRs a thumbs down....I think - Chris Paus

LOL, Ok.... ECTRA rules are a lot like MOTDRA, the organization I ride iwth. Also scoring the horse, but not the rider.

I still think CTR in any form is a good way to learn distance riding. I think people who learn CTR first usually do very very well at endurance! JMHO.

chris

Carolyn Burgess <carolyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sara was scribing at an ECTRA ride, I rode that same
ride and got to listen to her crab, crab, crab about
the vetting (Sara knows I love her so I can say this
about her :-), the nit picking and the time necessary
to vet both in and out. But what she doesn't know is
that ECTRA only scores the horse, not the rider! From
what I understand some organization score like a
judged pleasure ride, so equitation, tack, and rider
are also part of the scoring.

Carolyn Burgess