Re: [RC] [RC] gaits, not a flame :) - Soli Sorokin

There is a lot of seat movement, but it tends to not be the jarring
type, rather the rolling side to side or front to back, depending on
the gait. It will work your seat and stomach muscles more than
posting. To ride properly, it still requires a good seat, but it's not
nearly as hard on the knees as posting. As others have said, the
amount of movement and quality of movement varies vastly by the
individual.

The "smooth ride" designation seems to point to the general lack of
jarring motion, not to the lack of motion altogether.

~S