Re: [RC] OT-spray bottle problem - Chris Paus

The garden sprayer is also a gem of a tool when you have a wound that needs hydrotherapy. Last spring, one of our colts sliced open his knee, just 10 days before he was to go to his new home, sigh.... Lucky it was a flesh wound and didn't hurt any ligaments or tendons... anyway, the treatment was to apply pressure wraps which were changed daily, and do hydrotherapy on the wound at least once daily. He simply would not tolerate the garden hose on his sensitive knee wound, so I went to Walmart and got a 2 gallon sprayer. He thought that was Ok. I'd empty the sprayer full of water on his knee. It made enough of a spray to clean the wound, but not so much that it was uncomfortable for him.  Worked great!

chris

Carol Suggs <limofunder@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Christina: Some horses just never get over that sound or the sprinkling on
their skin. I have a couple that although they will tolerate it they don't
really like it. I found a hand held garden sprayer that you pump up and
spray. It doesn't make the noise of a traditional sprayer and it sends out
a steady gentle spray. The horses seem to stand still for it and it doesn't
seem to bother them as much. It also takes less time for me to spray them
with this garden spray than it does with a traditional spray bottle.

I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship. Louisa May Alcott

Chris Paus
Lake Region SWA  http://lakeregionswa.fws1.com