RE: [RC] Responses to Myths on Flex Panel Saddles - Jim Holland

You REALLY should go see it, Marv.  Any RP fitter can give you a demo.  Ask for an impression pad test also.  One caveat here….the tree of an RP saddle comes in various sizes….it is sized to the horse, so the degree to which it fits “any” horse will depend on how close their backs are to the same tree size.  For example, I have TWO RP saddles and love them….They are waaaay different in tree size.  Sunny wears one of the largest RP trees…Magic is much smaller. Assuming the same tree size, an RP saddle can be adjusted to fit ANY horse, regardless of breed or back shape.  There are even different length panels to accommodate short back horses. The middle of the panels can be minutely adjusted using foam shims between the tree and the panels.

The other point that you should understand is that both sides of the saddle are adjusted independently….both the location of the discs on the tree and on the panels.  This allows compensation for asymmetry in the horse’s back…fairly common in horses and one of the reasons I could not get a standard saddle to work with Magic.  The change in attitude of both of my horses after riding them in RP’s a year is remarkable.  It’s particularly noticeable in Sunny, who did his first 1000+ miles in “standard” saddles.

Finally, it is important to point out that the panel material “adapts” over time from heat and weight, assuming the shape and form of the horses back.  The longer you ride that saddle on a specific horse, the better it fits.

Jim, Sun of Dimanche+, and Mahada Magic

Richard T. "Jim" Holland

Three Creeks Farm

175 Hells Hollow Drive

Blue Ridge, Ga 30513

(706) 258-2830

www.threecreeksarabians.com

Callsign KI4BEN

Subject: Re: [RC] Responses to Myths on Flex Panel Saddles

The backs on our horses and our customers have never been better. No more buying a new saddle when you change horses.  My personal Flex Panel Saddle has been used on hundreds of horse and has fit almost every breed know.  Will just one of your standard saddles do that?

Where would one go to have this proven?  This flies in the face of
so many things I have learned about saddles, horses, forces, kinetic
energy and so on than I can shake a stick at.  I would be willing to
go and see this first hand.

Marv "Too much wiggle room somewhere." Walker
http://MarvWalker.com