Re: [RC] Getting Ariats to fit - Sisu West Ranch

"....Someone once told me the old cowboys would get their boots wet and wear them dry - of course I thought it was hogwash because of the fact that dried leather cracks.  So I did put some leather conditioner on them afterwards but they still fit terrifically now...."

When shoes, boots and saddles are made from leather, it is wet or steamed so it can be pulled over the last (or tree) and conform to the required shape.  If leather dries slowly (wearing it dry) it is less likely to crack or get brittle.  Leather conditioner and/or oil after soaking is a good idea as some of the oil put in at the tannery is removed by soaking.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875