[RC] Beet Pulp - Nancy Sturm

I'm open to suggestions as to how to get my horse to eat beet pulp.    I made it real soupy and chopped up apples and carrots, then tried adding a little sweet grain mix.  He'll pick out the carrots and apples and push around the beet pulp.  It's not the fluid, because when my riding partner's young hourse refused his grain mix at a vet check, Tali slurped it up.

Each time he refused to eat, I'd eventually carry his big flat pan out to the pasture where the other horses gathered around and shared the treat.  They thought he was nuts.  He eats and drinks  well at rides, in camp, on the trail, at the vet checks - just not beet pulp.

Nancy Sturm

Nancy Sturm
Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.