[RC] Ol Lad. - KathyZ1

Gee, you know, Ol Lad doesn't sound that old at all.
In fact, to me he sounds like there's a lot of life in the old boy, yet.
Some people still believe that horses 20 on up are old and useless and that's just not true anymore.  Especially with Arabians.
I really think you should think twice and then twice again before writing Laddie off.
April, the horse who ran up that vertical hill when she saw the 2 headed monster (that kid in a back pack) I think I mentioned to you, is 25 years old.
My Bitsy, who spun and bolted when we encountered the pot bellied pig (she is still the fastest horse I've ever been on) will be 27 in April of this year.  They are both in wonderful shape.  Yes, they're older but they get their OrthoCon, their Platinum Performance, their beet pulp (every day) and all the timothy they can eat...oh Bitsy has no teeth left on her lower right side so she eats mostly beet pulp and timothy pellets.  She's ok with spring hay but winter hay is a little tough for her so she quids it a lot.  So that means that I make adjustments for her.  And they get ridden. Often.  Maybe not as far but often.
And when the time comes when they can't be ridden they'll be getting hand walked and they'll spend the rest of their days in my back yard.  That's what I think one does with older horses.
So try saddling Lad up and taking him out for a nice trail ride.
He sounds like a fun horse.
That's what I would do.
Best,
Kathy