[RC] "spot on" fly repellant - Dawn Simas

I draw a line down his dorsal with no problems at all.  First of all, the
saddle doesn't ride on his spine.  But even if it did, it wouldn't be any
big deal.  It's only the quantity of a dribble...  One application of fly
spray mist is probably more in quantity than the tube I use for 2 weeks of
coverage.  I put it at the poll and it keeps them from his ears too.  :)
And as for attracting the dirt, I give him a bath (no shampoo) every time I
ride (2 or 3 times a week), so you only see it for the first day or so
until his next bath.  It does not work by sitting on the surface, it works
by going into the dermis and radiating through the cells of that location.
You can safely wash off what is left on the surface and not lose
effectiveness.  That's why I love it for the horse I ride!  He can't sweat
it off.  I do not know the length of time you should wait to wash them, but
it's usually a day or two before I ride and rinse him.  I believe it works
the same as Advantage and Frontline for fleas and ticks in dogs and cats.
Does anyone know what those say about bathing?

Dawn

<< used a similar product, at strategic spots on the horses' legs and
toplines - but only on my non-riding horses, as I was afraid it would be a
problem under a saddle. Am I over-thinking this?

What are other people's  experiences?  The product I used was oily. It was
effective but attracted lots of dirt (which showed up on my grey and
white-patterened horses).>>