Re: [RC] Pine Tree 100 preliminary results and what a crew! - Coujurs1

In a message dated 6/27/2005 8:07:19 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
here is Tom's post:

Pine Tree AERC 100 / FEI 100 was held Saturday in very very tough heat and humidty conditions.  The thermometer under the vets tent was 100 degrees during the day!  42 horses started the 100 and 15 completed.  Good job to everyone.  5 Southern girls traveled up to compete in the NAEC Selection ride and all completed.
  Actually 7 Southern's competed.  Thomas Isaacs finished the 50 in the top ten, Karen Isaacs, started but didn't finish the 100.  Lynn Kennely rode up to crew for me, and ended up crewing for Sarah Engsberg, Alicia Mansuetti, Sandy Thomson, Samantha Thomson and I.  We all finished the 100, and 3 of us in the top ten.  My wonderful hubby Duane flew up.  Between him and Lynn, we had it made.  They were awesome.  There is no way I would have finished with out them.  Jeff Pauley, farrier extraordinaire, made my day a lot better.  He had shod Chewy on Thursday the week before, and put in pads.  Chewy did not like them.  Jeff was coming up, so he trimmed them to make rim pads, and put in pour in pads.  You needed them!  He also would come and check shoes and pads at every VC for us, and others.  I was sure feeling much better about the ride knowing Chewy had some pads.  Many others jumped in, endurance is the most awesome sport, people helping you beat their horses!  I can't tell you how many people would pour water on your horse, or whatever you needed coming into the pit crew stops on the rode.  It was smoking hot.  And I DIDN"T PUKE!!!
  One place on the trail, this nice man was out all day with a hose, and would hose you down if you wanted, and had a tub for the horses.
  Again a million thanks to Lynn, not only a great crew, but a wonderful travel partner.  But everyone keep your hands off!  I have her if Stagg doesn't need her!

Nina Barnett and Chewy (who also thanks Lynn)