[RC] clothing for desert riding - Laura Hayes

I rode the 5 week XP ride last year across Nevada, Utah, Wyoming and into Nebraska---YIKES! That is alot of hot dry country from a girl and her horses who live on the shore of a Great Lake!!!

I bought three of the high tech fishing/hiking shirts with the pocktets, mesh underarms, and SPF factor built in.  The three I had came from three different companies.  All worked well, but the one that held up the best to sun, dirt and washing, was the LLBean Tropicwear.  In fact, I just ordered two more.  They are pricey at over $45., but you can stow stuff in the mulitude of pockets, they protect against the sun, you can wet them down and be comfortable, and they last.  Just be sure to get a big enough size to have some room for air flow!

Laura Hayes
Vine Cliff Farms
Brocton, NY
AERC# 2741