RE: [RC] FIREWORKS TERRIFIED - Magers, Cassandra \(Contractor\)

I have neighbors that have a huge party every 4th.  Their property is next one of my pastures.  I have to move my horses to the other side of the property not because of the fireworks directly, but because they shoot bottle rockets at the horses and throw glass bottles it the pasture.  I have to pick up after their parties.  Occasionally- I just throw the bottles back over the fence into their yard-LOL

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Amber Roberts
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 7:07 AM
To: Jerri Larsen
Cc: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] FIREWORKS TERRIFIED

Jerri Larsen wrote:
Has anyone had a horse exposed to fireworks that has been so worked up that he has paced his paddock for 5 straight hours and will not even go into his building to eat????
5 straight hours?  How about FOUR DAYS?  Every time people out here set off fireworks, it upsets my herd so much that they are just basket cases for 4 days each time and will not go into their stalls for feed.  I get SO angry over this.  They have gotten used to shooting, but not fireworks.  And where I live, there is no law against it. Believe me, I checked.  All the cops say they can do is ASK the people not to set them off after 10 p.m.  And, of course, if they go ASK, then I'd be risking retaliation.  The last time people set them off, the did it for an entire weekend starting Friday afternoon and ending Sunday afternoon and they would go until 2:30 a.m.  I count not sleep through it, so I was miserable along with my horses.  I dread the 4th of July approaching.

Amber