[RC] Shore to Shore - larry Miller

Jesse, this ride is in Michigan.  It runs from Lake Huron along the Au Sable River all the way over to Empire, MI on the Lake Michigan side.  It is a 5 day ride.  One can do 50 miles a day or do 25 miles a day.  Usually the 25 miles is the last half of the 50.  But whatever one does, it is an event that is an experience that one will never forget.  I managed 4 days of 50s in the late 80s, and it was like being in a time warp.  One just concentrates on making the 50 miles from camp to camp.  I will never forget Joe Long singing his Dixie song and I would answer with Yankee Doodle.  We all had a great time.   And yes Joe made all 5 days on that great horse of his.  Jeanie