[RC] Shore to Shore - larry Miller

Karen, the camp changes each day.  One literally rides 50 miles a day to a new camp.  So it is important to have someone move the rig each day.  25 miles a day is a little easier to handle.  Usually Wayne starts the 25s around 11 AM, not guaranteed but that is usually what happens.  What many 25ers do, is move the rig to the starting point for the next day.  That way, one can leisurely get up in the morning, and then be ready to go by the time the 50 milers get into the half way.  This year a friend and I are planning on doing 25s Thursday and Friday, and maybe even Sat.  Thursday evening, there is usually dinner at Ranch Rudolph so I don't know if we will want to go to the next camp.  But then again, I hate to miss out on all the fun that goes on Thursday at dinner.  Thursday's 25 is a beautiful ride and Friday's will be pretty nice too.  And actually Mon and Tues 25s are nice too.  I don't like Wed.  Lots of gas lines to ride with deep sand, but it is doable.  I would suggest that you get a collapsable bucket so you can get your horse water when you go over a creek.  There is not much water on the trail and it is pretty difficult for a crew to meet you too.  Jeanie