[RC] Maine Ride - Awesome! - Angie and David

I’m an archive lurker so I can’t respond privately….

I rode Pine Tree last year.  It was exceptionally well managed.  The food is awesome – make sure to get the Thursday night lobster!  And make sure to get some ice-cream down @ Tut’s store – its too die for!!!!    Everyone was friendly and helpful.  The vets were awesome; they went out of their way to make sure my horse was OK (I got pulled for lameness).  It rained cats-and-dogs so the trails were sloppy last year, but they didn’t appear to be rocky or overly tough. One thing I would caution you about, especially since you’re from South Carolina:  it’s cold up there in Maine!!!!  Bring warm people and horse clothes.  I worn a polar fleece jacket at night and blanketed my horse.  The coldness might have been caused by the rain, but better to bring a blanket and rump rug just in case.   I can’t recall specifically, but I believe the ride is about 1.5-2.0 hours away from the major highway.   The roads are nice so you should have no problem.  Be prepared for tolls.  The RM offers two sets of directions – one with lots of tolls and one with fewer tolls – so you may want to call and get advice.

I moved away from the Northeast so Pine Tree isn’t in the cards for me this year.  I am envious!  Pine Tree is an awesome ride.   I hope you have a good time!

BTW - If you can spend extra time in the area, visit North Conway in New Hampshire.  It’s a cute little down complete with an old fashioned movie theatre!

Angie