[RC] Sarcoids removal - Dyane Smith

Title: Sarcoids and Xterra
My own experience suggests that sarcoids are a funny sort of problem.  My oldest had a sarcoid on his sheath, near the castration site.  This was in the 80's.  I tried cryosurgery: no success; ribigen (sp?): no success; and finally the vet just cut it out.  That was some 15+ years ago.  The sarcoid has never returned and no others have appeared.  A second horse had a sarcoid removed from his inner ear with laser surgery last fall.  The area scabbed and sloughed off for several months, but never seemed to bother him and never required any intervention by me.  Since this is not a horse that likes to be messed with, this was the best (though certainly not the cheapest) method for my situation.

I now fight with my vet to get my vaccinations spread out (thanks, Ridecamp), but in the past they have had them piled on.

My guess is that different genetics might play a role.

Dyane