Re: [RC] Sarcoids and Xterra - Ronald Sanches

A caution to everyone applying this product -  WEAR GLOVES!!!    No one has yet mentioned this and it is very important.  One of our geldings had two small growths on an ear and one directly behind his ear.  A very small amount was applied and I only applied it prior to feeding time.  This stuff must really irritate and cause a burning sensation immediately, but as this horse can vacuum up feed faster than the speed of lightning, it was a good distraction and he never rubbed his ear on anything which would had spread the ointment on unaffected areas.  All growths sloughed off and have not reappeared in two years.  Catching them early was a key.  Barbara Sanches