RE: [RC] sleeping in a gooseneck - Mike Sofen

The most effective and easy to install insulation you can apply is some
stuff called Reflectix.  It should be available at Home Depot type stores.
It isn't terribly expensive but it is more expensive than free carpet.

However, compared to carpet, it's like living in a house.  The stuff looks
like flat sheets of bubblewrap coated with aluminum foil on both sides.
After you apply it, the foil on top reflects heat energy back up into the
steel of the roof, and the foil on the bottom reflects heat energy back into
the trailer.  It's flexible, easy to cut with a scissors, so applying it is
a dream.

It comes in 2 foot or 4 foot wide rolls, up to 100 feet long.  The 2 foot
width usually matches the structural ribbing in a steel trailer, but get the
width that makes you do the fewest cuts.  You make it stick to the ceiling
and walls with regular coving cement - the stuff that they install coving
(rubber baseboards - the hardware guys at the store will know what it is) -
and you apply that with a simple spatula.

I did an entire trailer - ceiling and walls for a trailer with a 6x6
dressing room plus the gooseneck area and it took about 1.5 rolls and 2
days.  Each roll cost about $80?

The result?  Astonishing.  No condensation.  No noise from hard rain.
Incredibly warm.  WAY cooler in hot temps, actually comfortable.  After the
insulation was done, I finished the inside with 1/8" Birch paneling on the
walls and FRP panels on the ceiling to handle the curves.

I still need a propane heater in cold weather, but I just crack a roof vent
and a door vent and it's toasty warm with no condensation at all.

Mike Sofen