Re: [RC] sleeping in a gooseneck - Cynthia Eyler

I found a really handy gadget for hanging sheets, blankets, coolers, rump rugs, etc. in my trailer.  It hangs from the top of the first divider (which I had extended into a stud wall) into the first stall, and once it's weighted with stuff, it does not move or rattle.  http://www.sstack.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=1619&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=133&iSubCat=137&iProductID=1619.  Am anxiously awaiting the availability of additional rods to make use of all six positions on the rack.  (It also comes in a larger version for use in the barn.)

My dressing room is unfinished (as yet).  At the Mustang Memorial it poured rain all day Friday, and it continued to rain until it was almost time to get up Saturday morning.  It was also very cold, so my propane heater was going like crazy that night.  [Don't shriek at me in panic -- the heater has an automatic low oxygen sensor/cut off and I leave open a bit the window in the door and the opposite window in the gooseneck.]  Yes, I had lots of condensation.  I sleep on a regular mattress, with just a fitted bottom sheet and a down comforter in a duvet cover.  For extra warmth, I added a polarfleece blanket over the comforter that weekend, and the fleece protected me from my interior rain  My dog, though, who sleeps on top of my bedding, was a bit wet by morning.  Insulating the ceiling will be my first major project for the dressing room -- that and a MaxxAir vent for above my bed.  At this point I'm still working on upgrades for my horse and for horse-related storage.

 Cindy