Re: [RC] re: revolution - Truman Prevatt

oddfarm wrote:

I was looking forward to attending your ride. However, because it is FEI sanctioned and I strongly oppose the overriding of young horses and blatant drug abuse in this organization, I am instead sending a contribution of $$$ (whatever the ride fee is) to “xxxxx” (your favorite horse charity)
*That's a pretty darn good idea, Jim. However, the overriding of young horses is the riders choice. They don't HAVE to ride younger horses, they CHOOSE to ride them. The blatant drug abuse is however, so obvious. I have been told by a "top" rider that certain drugs should be allowed because otherwise, the horse couldn't perform. Pretty much any one who thinks differently, doesn't have a clue. Including me.*

And that attitude exactly has ruined the sport track and field. When I was running an asprin was the major drug. Come the late 80's when money got involved; if you could name it - someone was using it. If someone wants to run their horse on drugs - that's their choice but when they want my support that's a different story. If the FEI wants to allow performance enhancing drugs - that's their choice but the AERC should get them the hell as far away from the AERC as possible. Drugs will be the ruination of this sport and it will come quick if the AERC doesn't do all it can to distance itself from the FEI. The first crack was the AERC standing idely by when the FEI allowed Gastroguard at FEI events. No they can't use it at cosanctioned rides - or at least they should not be. But at the championship rides (which are not AERC sanctioned, WEC, PAC, NAC, etc.) its use is common.

The AERC needs to send a strong message - we don't do durgs and we don't support any organizations that doesn't have and strongly enforce a zero tolerance to durg use and abuse of horses.

* *
**
*I say, keep me clueless, and keep ALL drugs out of our sport. I am not anti-FEI, you know like Truman isn't :) but I DO despise the use of any drugs in this sport. The outcome of the double positive drug test, but not allowed due to "error" certainly warrents attention. And I have to agree with Howie, "*Money trumps morality everytime."

It's pretty bad when you have to agree with Howie!

Truman

--

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein