Re: [RC] re: revolution - Truman Prevatt

And as David would say - the number one reason to shine the spot light on the FEI is the FEI had a double positive for a performance enhancing drug on the WEC winner and chose to ignore it saying, we may investigate it in the future but we are not really all that serious about eliminating performance enhancing drugs from international endurance.

No Steph it doesn't what - drugs don't belong in any sport at any level. Drugs don't belong in endurance at any level. There is no defense for an organization that looks the other way (with two positive test none the less) to the use of steriods of any ( to be percise so I can't be confused with not having my facts right Metylprednisolone ) kind in this sport.

BTW just for grins I have asked a good friend who has just been promoted to professor of pharmacology and vice dean of the pharmacology at a major medical school to give me a run down on this particular drug and it's effects. I'll keep you posted.

No durgs - no way - no how. Riding the snot out of drugged horses is not endurance - it is criminal

Truman

Steph Teeter wrote:

Jim - at least get your facts straight.
AERC's minimum age for endurance (including 100's) is 5.
FEI 's minimum age for 100's is 7.
Both organizations have a No Drug rule. and both tolerate exceptions: FEI allows gastroguard, AERC allows Regumate. (Neither are performance enhancing or pain masking drugs.)
Both organizations have had cases of positive drug tests, both organizations have had horses die during competition (FEI has a more rigorous investigative procedure than AERC).
Steph

--

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein