Sent: 4/30/2005 4:25:34 AM
Subject: [RC] Ponds/tanks and things..OT

I'm looking at a 10 ac. property nearby that has spring fed....ponds on it- the hesitation there is that they are completely covered in cattails.  I love the idea that even in a drought Holly would have perpetual water, but it would be nice if I could clean it up.  So, my questions are 1. Is there a way to get rid of the cattails without harming anything living in it 2.  Can the pond be dug out to make it a little deeper without ruining the spring fed thing?  Does the water just ooze out of somewhere to create it or is it an opening in the ground?  The flow is fairly slow, but it is there.
3. There is a creek that goes through the back of the property that leads to a sort of 'wetland' thing.  Is it possible to define the creek a little better, obviously I'll be cleaning it up as it's fairly overgrown, and maybe fill in the wetland thing a little or create another pond type thing?
Thanks,
Suzi and Holly who thinks she might like her new digs