Re: [RC] registration - Bette Lamore

As you say, Laney, the  papers are important in selling a horse and if a
breeder takes pity on someone without much money who wants a horse at a bargain
price, the breeder may sell the horse at rock bottom. HOWEVER that breeder
would hate to see that buyer take advantage of the situation and sell the horse
at a much higher price with the new owner expecting papers. IF the horse is
resold at the same low price, then the new buyer should be told that a
difference in price needs to be paid for the papers. the buyer then would have
NO problem IMHO with paying the original breeder the difference of what the
horse is worth- or at least what the breeder is willing to take at that point
not to feel taken advantage of. The whole sequence of events has to be taken
into consideration-- not just a segment. Haven't you ever heard the story of
the four blind men who were each describing an elephant, with one at the tail,
one at the trunk and one in the middle-- and one feeling a leg???
Things are not always as they seem and I myself have seen far more cases of the
breeder being taken advantage of than the buyer :-)
Bette
Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians
Home of Bunny and 16.2h TLA Halynov
who lives on through his legacy Hal's Riverdance!
http://www.arabiansporthorse.com

Always remember: "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." (George Carlin)

Laney Humphrey wrote:
It's not uncommon! Some people (sellers) seem to think the piece of paper is more valuable than the horse.