Re: [RC] registration - Gretchen

This is a horse that is not going anywhere he is my first horse and my soulmate.  At this point I really don’t care if he’s not registered he’s a great horse, I just think it is wrong that he cannot show his ancestry.

What happened in this case with Shiner was:  A friend of mine purchased the colt from an ad in the newspaper for $300.  I actually went and looked at the colt with my friend prior to purchase.  A month or so later he was sold to me for the same price.  I did not contact the mare owner until a year or so after having bought the him and by then he had been gelded.  I showed her the bill of sale, so she knew I didn’t pay a large sum of money for this colt.  At that point she flat out refused to sign any paperwork.

Then I visited the stallion owner, and met the stud.  She was great – gave me a show of his ancestors (she also owns his grandsire) and I have beautiful pictures of sire and grandsire.  She was more than happy to sign the paperwork and a little disappointed to find out that he had not been regisitered in the first place.  Seems as though the mare owner had been given several free breedings to her stallions.  She then contacted the mare owner herself with similar results.  She gave the mare owner my contact information and then the mare owner called me back with the $1200 signature offer.

I have not attempted to contact her since, but do know that she later sold his dam.

Gretchen