From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Ridecamp Guest
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2005 9:08 AM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] pellets making horse hot

Please Reply to: Amy amym600@xxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello!  I am having a heck of a time, I never had any problems with food or
weight back in MN.  Now here in AZ I am at a loss. My guy started losing
weight from my huge increase in riding.  Everything else is fine, vet was
just out and he is in good shape just needs more food, heck I can tell that,
he is super hungry.  Even our older guy started losing with all the
increased riding.  So our boarding place upped our alfalfa pellets slowly
over the last few weeks, I don't see a whole lot of improvement, AND I am
now getting "Rocket Rides" on my horse and the old guy is even hopping a
bit.  I am wondering if they will eventually adjust to the increase and quit
acting hot or if I need to take away the pellet increase and do something
else?  I get up to the barn 5 times a week so I will be buying my own grass
hay to feed each time, plus maybe some rice bran or beet pulp.  I just don't
know whether to leave the higher pellet ration and let them adjust or take
it back down if they will not adjust and keep up the silliness!  It sure is
frustrating when you don't have your horses at your place and are not
controlling the diet.  Oh, right now they are getting grass hay, about 4
flakes and 6 pounds of alfalfa pellets.  We actually took them off alfalfa
hay as it made them so hot it was insane.  Both horses are the ho-hum type
horse and it put them into the unridable category.
Thanks for any advice! Amy