Re: [RC] riding shoes - Barbara McCrary

I don't drive a BMW, nor do I go to bars or one-hour dressage lessons. I like my Ariat Performers because they fit better than anything else I've tried and I get at least two years out of a pair. A running shoe or tennis shoes are out because, for me, the soles are not firm enough to alleviate the pressure on the ball of my foot. I had years of major foot pain because of riding a 100-miler in a simple lace-up work boot with nice flexible soles. My feet were numb for two months after the ride and I developed a neuroma between the toes of my left foot that eventually took surgery and three years' of time afterwards to make me pain-free again. I don't have that kind of pain with Ariat Performers (probably would with Terrains) and I'm not looking to go through that misery again.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 8:45 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] riding shoes

So, (and pardon if this has been covered) if everyone likes ariats, but they don't hold up, what are you wearing instead?

At 05:38 PM 4/6/2005, Truman Prevatt wrote:
I read someplace that the Araits were made for the horse owners that drive their BMW to the bar to take thier one hour dressage lesson and be fashionable enougth so they could stop by the country club bar on the way home.

I don't know if that's the case or not, but my experience has been the same as yours. They are as comfortable as all get out but they don't last to the abuses of endurance.

Truman

Alice Yovich, Arlington, TX
www.equi-threads.com