[RC] Feedback on Combo Bit Needed - Dabney Finch

After holding the new mare back for 3 days at Cuyama (using Myler kimberwick style bits) the poor thing had rubs at the corners of her mouth.  (I could ride her one handed, so it wasn't that she was pulling hard,  but she's green and  needed frequent half halts to remind her to slow down/not get caught up.)

I'm thinking of trying the Myler combo bit--maybe less pressure in those spots if it's spread around more?  Anyone out there using the combo who'd like to comment?

Thanks,
Dabney