Re: [RC] [RC] GARMIN GPSHR 301 Equine - April

Ah, yes! The temperature gauge. I KNEW you used more gadgets than I
did. ;-) Still haven't gotten one of those.

For the HR smoothing, you're right, there isn't really any way of
controlling that. Maybe they will do that later, maybe not.

For the software, give it 6 months and there will be lots of software
solutions. Took about that long for programs to emerge to support the
Forerunner 201.  Already, there are several other solutions, but they
are all in infancy.

There is a utility that a guy (Brad) wrote that will put the track
information into a CSV format for use in excel or wherever.

There are also other programs that can read the GPS data, but few that
do anything with the heart rate data, yet. They will come, though.

The beta version of Training Center that is on Garmin's website does
export data in some XML format, but I haven't played around with that
much. I think it's still very much a beta feature.

:-)

April