Re: [RC] Rider weight - Amy

Very good points.  But you can get very good and usuable protein from beans
and good protein and fats from nuts too.  It doesn't have to be from meat
and dairy, for my asthma issues, if I even have a little bit of dairy such
as cheese, ice cream or so on, I get an ear ache and my lungs start to get
tight.  I was 14yrs old when I found that I couldn't drink milk without
getting a HUGE headache from it.  Course who knows what I was really
reacting too, could have been because those cows were so corn fed instead of
eating what they should eat, grass!!  I am also allergic to beef and again,
is it really the meat or is it what they are fed and all the chemicals that
are used in keeping them "healthy"?  I do however use butter still without
issue and really agree with you there, definitely MUCH better for you then
margarine.  I buy organic dairy products for my family.  If you are going to
eat meat, I definitely think you are going about it in the correct way.  I'm
not at all advocating that everyone become a vegetarian, not one of those
people :)!  The rest of my family still eats meat and  I'm trying my best to
make sure it's the healthiest for them possible.

I do, however, think there are going to be some health problems linked to
the high protein/fat diets, the body does need some protein, but not as much
as most Americans feel that it does.  But it's definitely vital and I can
tell if I'm low on protein, I start craving eggs or fish, both of which I do
still eat, I just make sure they are the healthy ones.

Amy