Re: [RC] GPS unit - RDCARRIE

In a message dated 3/20/2005 9:49:30 AM Central Standard Time, milamj@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I've checked out the Garmin Fortrex 101 &
201-wrist watch style GPS and it looks pretty good. Anyone out there using
it and the prices vary $113-150 somewhere.

I have the Garmin Fortrex 101 (only difference between the 101 and 201 is that the 201 uses rechargeable batteries, 101 uses disposable).  I love it!  I use it to monitor speed I'm going, distance travelled, and to map trail loops for future training rides.  I ride in thick, heavy pine forest with lots of hardwood trees mixed in, and have had absolutely no trouble with it picking up a signal.  I think the technology continues to improve with respect to antennas, etc.  I've double checked it against a car odometer and the odometer on a 4-wheeler, and it's dead on.

Dawn in East Texas