[RC] grease crayon - MarisR

I have found a marvelous way to remove grease crayon, worked almost instantly.

DMSO, a solvent used for various other purposes, applied to the grease pencil and then rubbed with a bot block, and the grease came right off!!  I rinsed it well with soap and water to remove it
Can anyone tell me if there is some reason not to use this stuff to remove grease pencil?
I hve tried so many other products, but nothing ever really worked.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --WOW-- what
a ride !! "

Maris Ramsay