Re: [RC] [RC] Limited Distance vs Competive Trail - Dbeverly4

In a message dated 3/15/2005 1:14:24 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, sherman@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I often mount/dismount on the "off" side to make sure my horses are comfortable with it in case of an injury to me or whomever is riding, and because sometimes it is easier on the horse if we are on a hill to mount/dismount on the high side, wherever that happens to be. Is this the sort of thing that NATRC doesn't like to see? Just curious.
Frequently you are asked to do an offside mount. If you choose to mount on the offside, that's ok too.

Sorry if I sounded harsh in my previous post.....I get a little irritated with the myths and criticisms of NATRC usually by people who've never done a ride or who did one and didn't like being "judged".

You'd be surprised how many sore backs on horses are actually not due to saddle fit and paying attention to your equitation can make a big difference. That is one area where the horsemanship judging aspect can really help our horses.

I agree with Ed!  You can do both sports and have fun.....they're both just opportunities to go on nice long trail rides :)

Sylvia