Re: [RC] [RC] Limited Distance vs Competive Trail - Dbeverly4

In a message dated 3/14/2005 6:40:09 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, stlst@xxxxxxx writes:
If you enjoy being judged on your every move on the
trail and in camp, that excells in a structured
enviroment full of rules and regulations. Well then,
competive trail may be your cup of tea.
  As an ex-Naval Officer's wife..I had plenty of that  in the 'olden days'...No thanks!
Suzi and Holly, who love to relax a bit in camp

I'm sorry but a whole heck of a lot of endurance riders could STAND to have their equitation "judged". You might "relax in camp" but how does your horse feel?

In NATRC at least you are NOT judged on every move you make, just on taking good care of your horse.  Which, I am sorry to say, is a sadly neglected facet in most ridecamps.  Think about it.

Sylvia