[RC] FW: Toi Soldier 1/2 Arab (NSH) daughter for sale by rescue in Texas - StephTeeter

-----Original Message-----
From: Karen L. [mailto:klynd47@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 7:52 PM
To: steph@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Fwd: Toi Soldier 1/2 Arab (NSH) daughter for sale by rescue in Texas

Steph,

I have tried posting this to ridecamp twice and it isn't going through.  Can you forward it for me?  Thank you.

Karen Lynd

Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 10:48:54 -0800 (PST)
From: "Karen L." <klynd47@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Ridecamp <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

      I found an advertisement for a 1992 1/2 Arab (NSH) Toi Soldier daughter for sale by a Texas Horse Rescue (www.TexasRescue.org).  The mare, Evening Star, isn't actually a rescue but is being sold for $2000 to raise money for the rescue.  I checked with the rescue, and she is still available.  I also checked with the Arabian Horse Association and confirmed that Evening Star is Sweepstakes Nominated.

         I wanted to bring Evening Star to the attention of the list because I think she is a lovely competitive trail or endurance horse prospect.  Her half sister Tonka Toi, also a NSH and Toi Soldier daughter, won the AHA National Championship Competitive Trail Ride in the 1/2 Arabian division in 2004.  This half sister (Tonka Toi) is also doing well in her endurance career.  She placed 2nd and 3rd in her 100 mile rides in 2004 and has 3 BC's, three 1sts, one 3rd and one 4th place in her 50 mile rides in 2004.

         Here is Evening Star's description and a link to a picture and information about the rescue:

"Evening Star is a gorgeous 1992 National Show Horse mare. Very nice movement. She is double registered National Show Horse and 1/2 Arabian. She was professionally trained and has been shown and placed well in Hunter Pleasure open classes at "A" shows. This girl can really move, looks like she is floating in a long trot. Not a horse to learn on, too much energy for intermediate riders. Wonderful to ride. Way too much go for less than a strong advanced rider, but the right person will fall in love with her. Would make nice endurance horse. By Toi Soldier and out of Callaway's Kit & Caboodle. Very sweet, personable mare. No health or soundness problems that we know of. (Appraised at $17,000 when she was being shown. Owner paid $8000 for her before all of the professional training.) Priced right to raise some money for our horse rescue. Reduced to $2000.  http://members.aol.com/spetty1620/page3.html

        Evening Star is the 4th horse down on this page.  Please contact Sharelle of Sunscape Equine Rescue Inc. at SPetty1620@xxxxxxx  if you are interested.  I would love to see this mare go to a good endurance or competitive trail home.

Karen Lynd

Do you Yahoo!?

Do you Yahoo!?