[RC] FEI & Dual Sanctioning - katswig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tony Corbelletta said:

Once again my question is has not been answered.
Nice work on avoiding the question, Kat by using semantics.

Nice work at pretending I didn't answer his question by complaining that I
pointed out to him that he said something stupid :) (i.e. he stated that he
never noticed any differences, and then without even pausing for breath
stated that the differences he noticed he considered to be improvement).

However, to quote myself, '...it is entirely possible that the differences
that HE perceives as "a little better organized" are the differences that
other people consider the "problem."'

I am sorry if he is unable to realize that this WAS an answer to his
question.  So, if he wants to know what some people might consider
problems, he should ask himself what differences he considers to be
improvements and then consider the possibility that not everybody agrees
with his assessment of the differences (which he pretends he has never
noticed???).

I will continue to wait for a real problem to brought up.

And in case he hasn't been paying attention (which clearly he hasn't) some
of the "problems" that people have ALREADY brought up include:

1)      The requirement for separate "stabling."
2)      The prohibition on feeding horses while in line for the vet.
3)      Not being allowed to take a horse back to your trailer during a vet
check.
4)      Non-participants in the FEI ride being harassed by ride officials
telling them that they have to conform with FEI requirements even though
they are not entered in the FEI event (and sometimes even though it isn't
even an FEI requirement).

Now, it may be that HE considers these things to be improvements to the
organization rather than problems, and so therefore none of them is a "real
problem."  But if that is the case, we now know one of the major roots of
the problems, which is, proponents of FEI dual sanctioning are unwilling to
recognize the concerns of their detractors as being legitimate concerns.

Some of the responses that are given to people who voice these concerns are:

1)      What's the big deal about separate stabling, _I_ don't consider it to be
that onerous?
2)      This isn't an FEI rule, so it doesn't matter that many people think it
is, including some of the FEI ride managers :) and are trying to foist it
off as such.
3)      There is plenty of room for all your crewing stuff in the open field
that was set aside for this, so why do you want to take your horse back to
your trailer anyway?
4)      Agreed, they ARE acting outside the bounds of their authority, so just
tell them so.

or worse

4)      This has been known to be a problem with volunteers officiating at AERC
events so that makes it okay.  (This argument, in addition to being
specious, however, is also fallacious.  I doubt that anybody can find a
single example of a ride volunteer or official at an AERC event who has
wrongly attempted to impose an AERC rule on  a competitor who isn't even
entered in the AERC event).

or even worse yet:

4)      This was a problem in the past, but we are managing to convince ride
managers that it is easier to adopt the FEI rules for the entire event so
that they become "ride rules" instead of FEI rules that way the FEI
officials can legitimately harass the non-FEI participants and it ceases to
be an "FEI problem" because it is within the purview of AERC rules to do
this.

However, I will reiterate, in case Tony wasn't paying attention the first
time I said it:

One of the REAL problems is that none of the proponents of FEI is willing
to accept that any of the other "problems" that people raise are really
problems.  And they make fatuous statements like:

I will continue to wait for a real problem to be brought up.

You will NOT endear yourself to people by telling them that the things they
consider to be problems are not real, but are actually irrelevant or just a
part of their imagination.  And THIS is one of the FEI's biggest problems;
mostly because I suspect that they don't even realize that that is what
they are doing :).

kat
Orange County, Claif.

http://mail2web.com/ .