[RC] Beautiful riding weather - Barbara McCrary

It's about 77 degrees here on the central CA coast....such beautiful weather for a ride!  No breeze, just glorious warmth.  Trails dry enough to ride without slipping all over the place.  I took Banner out, led Cloud for about a mile, just so he wouldn't turn around and go home when I let him loose. I pushed Banner a bit.....faster walk, more trotting, quite a bit of cantering.  I can see the muscle mass increasing. Cloud would lag behind a little, then gallop to catch up.  It was rather fun.  I've been waiting all winter for a day like this.  Not very March-like, except for hearing the first Barn Swallows investigating their nesting options in our garage. They're about one week early this year.  After the ride, I gave Banner a nice tepid bath and turned him out to grass.  The horses think they've died and gone to heaven.

Barbara