[RC] Moon blindness - rides2far

I have a mare with moonblindness, and the research I
have read does not support genetics as much as
environmental factors.

I had an ancient pony that money couldn't buy. A JEWEL. I put her in the
field across the road from my house and the next morning her eye was blue
and cloudy. Took her to the vet and he said she had scratched the cornea.
We doctored it but it stayed cloudy. Figured she had scratched it on the
high stubble. The next year the little Appaloosa mare in the adjoining
field went cloudy in one eye with no scratch inflicted. It seemed to get
worse & better at times. They later got an older Arabian mare and put her
in the same field. I saw her the other day and one of her eyes is cloudy.
Awful lot of coincidences. There have been at least 5 other horses come
and go from the field with no problems. Mine are across the road from
that field. Mine get city water, theirs drink from the creek. My pony was
getting city water.

Angie

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
They're athletes! This is a partnership between horse and rider - we don't
have any jockeys out there, just pals and partners. We'd allow a rider with
a broken foot, a sore back and a nasty cold to compete - but we would never
let a horse in a similiar condition hit the trail.
~ Dr. Barney Flemming DVM