Re: [RC] Riding Permission - Barbara McCrary

My feelings are very strong about permission to trespass.....if someone asks politely, it's fine.  It's when someone "assumes" the right to trespass on our land that frosts me.  Politeness works!

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2004 7:54 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] Riding Permission

" I've been tempted to stop when I see people driving out of the gate from
> their ranch and ask permission to ride but have never been brave enough
t> o do it yet...I'd love to hear from someone who has, too before I dive
off "

If someone comes to our place and just asks nicely about obtaining permission to ride through our place it is greatly appreciated . Also mentioning that you will leave gates as you find them is a big thing with us anyway , we have had fisherman open gates and then just drop them to then have the livestock tangle up in them and getting wire cuts . You would not believe the number of people that just assume they can ride or fish anywhere at anytime without permission . We have never turned anyone down that wanted to come through our place but have threatened many trespass charges to people that come in without asking . After all it is common courtesy and maybe the land owner will have conditions to use the access as we did , we had sheep and livestock guard dogs so no dogs were permitted on our place .
                          Drin Becker
                          Mtn Region