From: "Howard Bramhall" <howard9732@xxxxxxx>
To: <AERCMembersForum@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2004 11:19 AM
Subject: [RC] Make it Happen

OK, looks like something might be happening with this mentor thing in the
Southeast and here's what we have so far:

Truman has agreed to let me give this a shot, via SERA.  Obviously, it
will
be a volunteer thing at first.  What we're planning on doing is to hold a
newbie clinic, in conjunction with the endurance ride, for any new riders,
and, then, make the 25 LD ride part of the clinic with these new riders
who
want to be a part of it.

We already have one scheduled for Oconee this coming June.  I will be
listing the other rides, as they come in, to give everyone as much notice
on
this as possible.

What I need is for any Ride Managers in the Southeast who might be
interested in this idea, to either contact me via email or telephone.  My
phone number is 1-386-677-3052, call anytime.

I'm quite serious about all of this and am more than willing to travel
anywhere in the Southeast for this to occur.  Something like this will
only
work if the Ride Managers want it, and, man, I hope you do.  I really do
believe the time for something like this is now.  It will only turn out
well
if we are willing to spend time and effort in making it happen.  I have
the
time and desire to do this and hope you guys will give me a shot.

I'm also looking for some experienced riders who are willing to do a 25,
like to talk and ride at the same time, and have a sane horse that can
lead
a troop down the trail.  We have two vets who are on board, also, for they
will be part of the clinic.

As far as extra costs go I'm really trying to make it so it does not cost
anything extra.  I'm sure I'll find out otherwise when reality kicks in
but,
for now, for the RM's, don't worry about that.  We'll work something out.
Money will not stop this from happening; the only thing that will stop it
is
apathy.

cya,
Howard

Find and compare great deals on Broadband access at the MSN High-Speed

One would think that logic would prevail. But then, if logic did prevail,
men would ride sidesaddle.
~  Bob Morris

REAL endurance is taking your non-horsey family to a ridecamp with you!
~ Heidi Sowards