From: Chipnml@xxxxxxx
To: DVeritas@xxxxxxx, ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.1117 Presidents Cup/America...used to be a power
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 15:04:59 EST

You always voice what I am thinking, only so much more eloquently. Have you
ever published? Everyone on Ridecamp would buy a book of your essays. When I
read the news about a 7.5 hour 100 miler, I try to get excited about it, but
find myself sad for reasons I cannot voice. I have seen how big bucks corrupt
other aspects of the horse industry, and am depressed to see it leak over to
endurance. When money and winning become the most important aspect of any
horse sport, the loser is the horse, and ultimately those of us who love them and
the sport. Makes me think of lost innocence. Well, I have to go to my
Minnesota Distance Riders Association banquet and get my award for being top ten in
this great state. It's probably the only award I can look forward to, and
frankly, I'm happy with being a little spash in a little pond.

Chip and SA Cheers (who will never be a great horse except in his owner's eye)

Say ?good-bye? to spam, viruses and pop-ups with MSN Premium -- free trial offer! http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200359ave/direct/01/

I don't think you have to join a gym or buy frilly outfits to get some
fitness. A decent set of shoes and a 15 minute dismount here and there
will help. ~ Jon K. Linderman, Ph.D., FACSM, Assistant Professor of Health and Sport Science, University of Dayton