[RC] off the beaten path - rides2far

I would call the church office and find out what committee or person
was in> charge of the building.  In a Methodist church it would be the
trustees.> Get on their agenda at their next regular meeting.

I'd get up tomorrow, get dressed up and visit their Sunday School class.
Small group, informal, and ask people in your class if they think if they
know where that trail goes. They'll probably be happy to tell you. After
the service be last out the door, shake hands with the preacher.
Introduce yourself, talk a little, then ask permission. Don't do it in
the middle of the line when everyone else is lined up behind you though.

I'd do that before I'd ask the committee. People on committees tend to be
the worriers (liability, etc). Preachers are in charge of making you
welcome and bringing you into the fold.  You might even find out  you
like going to their church. :-)

Angie

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
Locks do not prevent theft, they only deter those in doubt.
~ Robert Morris