Re: [RC] Sticky stuff for saddle WARNING! - Suzi Maiorisi

OMG, I'm still on the floor!!  Thanks for the information - I'm sure Holly would get a huge laugh out of that one, too!
Suzi and soon to be sticky Holly

----- Original Message -----
From: Tina Rushing
Sent: Friday, February 20, 2004 10:52 PM
To: ridecamp
Subject: [RC] Sticky stuff for saddle WARNING!

I once used some saddle conditioner from an ancient can.  It left my saddle
sticky.  I tried to wipe it off but it just pulled lint off the towel.
"Hmmm," I thought, "since my horse is adept at the Arabian Teleport, sticky
might be a good thing!"  So off I rode, in my sticky saddle on a frisky
horse.

If you're going to use sticky stuff you should tie the waistband drawstring
on your riding tights.  Else, when your horse teleports your tights will
stick to the saddle and the rest of you will ... must I go into details?

I was riding alone, but I laughed so hard I nearly fainted.
Horse waited patiently for hysteria to subside.

Tina Rushing
El Granada, CA
(ah, to have that moment on video!  A lifetime of entertainment!)

From: "Tiffany D'Virgilio" <tiffshorse@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [RC]  ... sticky stuff for saddle

... Also for someone who asked about the sticky stuff to stick you to your
saddle, I saw a product today in the Dover catalog. It is called  B and E
friction wax and is on sale for 9.60. Page 22.  Tiffany

Why should I look good if I don`t smell good?
~  author unknown