[RC] To Pad Or Not To Pad??? - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Sheri magical44@xxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am considering putting pads on my horse for the Tevis and was wanting input
from others experienced in doing this on any ride.  My concern is that the pads
will make my horse twist her fetlocks or pasterns more because of the rocks not
being able to go up into her sole area.  I am wondering what is worse, rocks
hitting the bottom of her feet or twisting her fetlocks or pastern areas.  I
wonder if there was ever a survey done on the Tevis ride with horses that wore
pads and ones that did not and the completion rate.  Any information would be
appreciated.  Thanks.
Sheri

your water freezing IN the cantle bags!
~ Heidi Sowards